The National Agency on Corruption Prevention is a central executive body with a special status. It is responsible for the development of anti-corruption policy and prevention of corruption. The National Agency was established in accordance with the Law of Ukraine on Prevention of Corruption and works in the following areas:
- analyzes the situation with regard to corruption in Ukraine and develops a relevant Anti-Corruption Strategy and State Program for its implementation, as well as coordinates the implementation of these documents;
- detects corrupt provisions in legislation and draft acts;
- monitors compliance with rules of ethical conduct, legislation on prevention of conflicts of interest in public servant activities;
- coordinates and provides methodological support to state bodies and local governments in identifying and eliminating corruption risks in their activities, coordinates and controls the implementation of anti-corruption programs in these bodies;
- controls and checks public servant declarations, monitors their way of life;
- monitors compliance with restrictions on political party financing, legal and targeted use of funds allocated from the state budget by the parties, timeliness of submission of relevant reports by the parties and accuracy of information in them, distributes funds allocated from the state budget to finance statutory activities of political parties.
- cooperates with whistleblowers, provides them with legal and other protection.
- Unified State Register of Declarations of Persons Authorized to Perform the Functions of the State or Local Government;
- Unified State Register of Persons that Committed Corruption or Corruption-Related Offenses;
- Unified State Register of Financial Reports of Political Parties.
The NACP cooperates with other state bodies to implement Ukraine’s Anti-Corruption Policy.