The Public Council under the National Agency on Corruption Prevention is a collegial body established in accordance with the Law of Ukraine on Prevention of Corruption to ensure the transparency and public control over the activities of the National Agency on Corruption Prevention.
The main tasks of the Public Council are as follows:
- ensuring transparency and public control over the activities of the National Agency;
- promoting the interaction of the National Agency with public associations, other civil society institutions on issues related to the activities of the National Agency;
- promoting the National Agency’s consideration of public opinion in the performance of its tasks.
The Public Council:
- elects up to three representatives from its members to be included in every commission that holds competitions for filling the vacant positions in the National Agency, as well as in disciplinary commissions that conduct disciplinary proceedings against civil servants of the National Agency;
- receives information on the activities, implementation of plans and tasks of the National Agency, monitors the effectiveness of implementation by the National Agency of its powers;
- analyzes the situation with regard to ensuring the independence of the National Agency;
- considers the annual reports of the National Agency and approves the conclusions on them;
- considers the draft national reports on the implementation of anti-corruption policy and approves the conclusions on them;
- participates in the development of the Anti-Corruption Strategy and the State Program for its implementation;
- participates in the development of draft regulations of the National Agency and prepares conclusions on them.
All responsibilities of the Public Council under the National Agency on Corruption Prevention are described in the Regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of November 20, 2019.
The Council is formed in accordance with the results of an open and transparent competition and is composed of 15 members elected for a term of two years. The current Public Council under the National Agency on Corruption Prevention began its work in June 2020.
Address: 04071, Kyiv, 11, Yaroslavska St., office 3