The National Agency on Corruption Prevention is a body that formulates and coordinates anti-corruption policy in Ukraine, ensures prevention and detection of corruption in local governments, enterprises, institutions and organizations.
To this end, the NACP develops and implements anti-corruption standards:
- Interacts with authorized persons on prevention and detection of corruption, who work in state bodies, state enterprises, state administrations, local governments, special-purpose funds and legal entities that do not approve anti-corruption programs;
- Interacts with whistleblowers;
- Conducts anti-corruption examinations of regulations;
- Develops standard anti-corruption programs, coordinates anti-corruption programs for state bodies, monitors their implementation;
- Inspects state bodies for compliance with anti-corruption legislation;
- Considers reports of corruption.
In order to ensure easy access to information on persons that committed corruption offenses, the NACP administers the Unified State Register of Persons that Committed Corruption or Corruption-Related Offenses (Register of Corrupt Officials).