Ukraine, as a State Party to the UN Convention against Corruption, is obliged to develop and implement an effective coordinated anti-corruption policy that promotes public participation and reflects the principles of rule of law, proper management of state affairs and state property, integrity, transparency and responsibility.
The National Agency on Corruption Prevention is the body that ensures the formulation and coordination of anti-corruption policy in Ukraine, and to this end it:
- ensures conducting research aimed at establishing general indicators and causes of corruption in Ukraine, its perception by the population, determining the level of public confidence in the anti-corruption and other state institutions etc.;
- analyzes the situation with regard to prevention and combating corruption in Ukraine, the activities of state bodies, authorities of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and local governments on prevention and combating corruption, statistics, research results and other information on the situation with regard to corruption;
- develops, with the involvement of the public, the draft Anti-Corruption Strategy and the State Program for its implementation, monitors, coordinates and evaluates the effectiveness of implementation of the Anti-Corruption Strategy;
- prepares a draft National Report on Implementation of the Anti-Corruption Policy;
- monitors and coordinates the implementation of international obligations on the formulation and implementation of anti-corruption policy;
- ensures cooperation with international organizations, state bodies and non-governmental organizations of foreign states on preventing and combating corruption and facilitates the exchange of information with international organizations and competent bodies of foreign states.