Due to the CCU’s decision, the NACP has to suspend the inspections of prevention of corruption in five Ukrainian state institutions
According to the decision of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine No. 13-r/2020 of October 27, 2020, the National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP) is deprived of the right to conduct inspections of prevention and detection of corruption.
Thus, the NACP terminated scheduled inspections at:
- The State Agency for Motor Roads of Ukraine (Ukravtodor);
- The National Agency of Ukraine for Finding, Tracing and Management of Assets Derived from Corruption and Other Crimes (Asset Recovery and Management Agency, ARMA);
- The Secretariat of the Commissioner for Human Rights of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- The State Enterprise ‘National Nuclear Energy Generating Company ‘Energoatom’ (unscheduled inspection).
These inspections shall be suspended until legislative settlement of this issue.
“This is another devastating consequence of the Constitutional Court’s decision for the Ukrainian anti-corruption infrastructure. At these institutions we were to inspect the conditions of whistleblower protection, the preparation and implementation of the anti-corruption programs and the channels for reporting alleged violations of the Law on Prevention of Corruption”, said Oleksandr Novikov, NACP Head.
Additionally, by the end of 2020, the NACP was to conduct scheduled inspections at:
- The State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection;
- The State Service of Ukraine for Geodesy, Cartography and Cadastre;
- The National Agency of Ukraine on Civil Service;
- The Accounting Chamber of Ukraine.